HOW TO MAKE WOOLLEN COATS FOR SHEEP PEGS:
1. Cut two pieces of stiff cardboard approximately 15 cm long x 4.5 cm wide. Make a small cut about 1 cm long, halfway along both short ends of one of the pieces of cardboard.
2. Cut a piece of wool about 30 cm long and thread it into the cuts on the cardboard, as shown below. Pull it tight, making sure that the ends of the wool are equal.
3. Place the second piece of card on top of the stretched length of wool on the first card. Wrap another length of the same wool about 10 times around the centre of the card, as shown.
4. Release the two ends of the wool from the cuts that secured them and join them together to tie across the wool that was wrapped around the two cards. Make a tight knot.
5. Place the scissors between the cards on the opposite side from the knot and cut the wool so that a tassel of wool is made.
6. Attach the tassel around the sheep with the two ends of wool that were originally in the two cuts. If there is any remaining wool after wrapping around the cards 10 times, it should just pull away.
7. Woollen coats can be made using wool of different thickness and in your favourite colours.